Deviant Login Shop  Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour
Group Info Group Founded 4 Years ago Statistics 271 Members
54,550 Pageviews321 Watchers

Gallery Folders


Monthly Stats

Group Activity
A simple way to search for creative commons art in DA, is to use Google advance search.

Put it in you search:
"This work is licensed under a Creative Commons"

Click the word "Images" in the left of the google page. It will show images instead of pages.

Voila. You'll see all images under CC in DA.
If you want to be more specific in your search, you can add words in the search above.

It doesn't compares with an in-site feature, but at least it is a workaround...
More Journal Entries




Add a Comment:
DeadSuperHero Apr 7, 2014  Hobbyist General Artist
Does this group accept CC-licensed literature?
doctormo Apr 8, 2014  Professional Digital Artist
DeadSuperHero Apr 8, 2014  Hobbyist General Artist
Would it be possible to have a dedicated gallery section for literature in the future? :)
sunshine7068 Jan 19, 2014  Student Interface Designer
i saw some DA members using cc license,now i also want to use it for my work but i am confused that what type of license i should select any help will be appreciated
thankyou :)
doctormo Jan 22, 2014  Professional Digital Artist
Hi sunshine. Licensing your work is a great legal way to give permissions to other people to copy, reuse and remix your work. So you have to ask yourself: "What do I see other people doing with my work", if you're making a map, dictionary, icon set or font; then you might opt for the more permission CC-BY or CC-BY-SA (Share-Alike). If you're writing a story and you'd like for people not to sell it, then a Non-Commercial addition is appropriate. If on the other hand your story is deeply personal and you don't want other's to remix the work, then a No-Derivitives addition is useful.

Try and get your work to the more permissive license possible as that's better for society as a whole. But choose well because you can't take it back as easily after someone's reused your work.
fk20 Dec 2, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Asking! Because I'm still confused hehe... if I put my art on Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs, then:

1. People only can share it or download it, but still have to give credit to me, rite?

2. Am I still allowed to put any watermark (link to my DA, or just my inisial name or my signature) onto my art?

3. What if I wanna sell it as a print? Is it ok? or not ok? .-.

That's all for now... thanks before :la: haha~
doctormo Dec 4, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
You can sell the work no matter what license you use. I've sold works here on deviantArt and other places for my works under a simple CC-BY-SA license.

The CC-NC-ND license is known as the 'advertising' license because it doesn't give much to the community except to redistribute the work as is.

All CC licenses require attribution.
fk20 Dec 4, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
ah I get it now :o
thanks for the complete explanation :D
really help a lot~
Useless, you end up with dozen of hits that actually are not releated to creative common because someone mentioned "This work is licensed under a Creative Commons" or some other picture on the same side has the "This work is licensed under a Creative Commons".

The best way to find stuff under creative commons is simply avoid using deviant art. 
doctormo Sep 18, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
True enough, but all channels must be considered and gardened.
Add a Comment: